Wednesday, July 20, 2011

OC Fair


OK, so I lied. The pinecone vase didn't get three blue ribbons; it got four. 1st Place, Division Winner, Best in Show, and Juror's Choice. Turns out "Juror's Choice" is an option for an individual juror to make an award separate from the other judges, if he sees fit. And the placement of the piece is nicely in the middle of things. I'm basking in my 15 minutes of fame. I worked at the fair today. Some people just really wanted to know how it was done. So it was fun to explain the process.

8 comments:

Erika said...

You ROCK!! And it's beautiful!

Hugs from mom said...

That's awesome!

Breanne said...

That is humongous. Do you know how many pinecones total went into it? I can't believe it won all of those, congratulations!

Ross and Kathy said...

Thanks guys. About 140 pinecones were used. That is the title for the piece - 140 Pinecones. Some teenagers were there yesterday and one boy just couldn't get over it. Pretty cute (I was eavesdropping).

Breanne said...

*jawdrop*

Nikki Jenson said...

That is so fun! and so exciting! and so cute! I just love these little triumphs! Congrats!

Jacque said...

Wow that's beautiful! I was hoping we'd see some pictures. Congratulations!

Adam said...

Way to go!