Friday, May 11, 2012

IRONY

I'm watching a new TV show about statistics in America.  This show was about what's most likely to kill us.  The conclusion was "Heart Disease".  I'm thinking, "Wahoo, I'm doing just what I should to prevent Heart Disease".  Eating good food, swimming, and walking, walking, walking.  Over 330 miles so far this year.  And Kudos to all the other Gilroys out there hitting the pavement, running, jogging, biking, or whatever; but putting in the miles to prevent Heart Disease.  GOOD JOB EVERYONE!  By the way, the second thing most likely to kill us... pedestrian fatalities.

2 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

So if we're out there preventing heart disease there's a good chance, as a pedestrian, we're gonna get IT anyway. Definitely seems ironic. Although, I can't tell you how many close calls I've had with inattentive drivers, and one school bus driver. So I can see the logic. I still take my chances on the road over heart disease.

Jacque said...

I can see how you would definitely get a kick out of something like this! I'm just glad I do most of my running on a treadmill! =)