Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heroes cont.

Ok it took me all day to think of mine. My 10th birthday. I had been looking forward to it all week, and for some reason I really wanted someone to sing me happy birthday. So I woke up in the morning when Jacque ran into the room and jumped on my bed and said, "It's your birthday, It's your birthday!!" Which was so funny, but she didn't sing =(. So I thought, "Dad'll sing for me." So I went downstairs and Dad wished me a great big huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY, which made me happy, but no song. So I was getting a little exasperated... if someone didn't sing to me soon, I might go crazy. So I called Mom in San Diego, and she said, "Happy Birthday!!" when she answered the phone, but no song. But Mom's not really one to do that anyway. So I just gave up and settled down to have a conversation with Mom, when suddenly there was the call waiting noise... so I asked Mom to hold on and I switched over, and there was Erika, Singing Me the Happy Birthday Song, From INDIA!!!!

I don't know if you know, but happy birthday songs are 50 times as potent when they're from halfway across the world. It was sooo cool. She was so far away but totally fulfilled my birthday wish!

3 comments:

Breanne said...

Um, I just realized that at one point, Lauren also SAVED MY LIFE by rescuing me from drowning... so yeah, um, thanks Lauren! Which is better... calls from India, or resucitation?

Ryan said...

Definitely a call from India.

Barney Family said...

I just laughed out loud at your comment and my kids all demanded that I explain why--so they got the story. I can't believe that you remembered a phone call from India--I'm glad I made it, but, yeah, I'm really glad that Lauren saw you on the bottom of the pool and had the sense to pull you out!!!