Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Hospital Policies

I'm taking a prenatal class at the hospital. Last night the nurse said that the hospitals have adopted some new policies on visitors - no children under 14 for the entire hospital stay, and no visitors that are ill (that one seems obvious). She said that they are pretty strict about it, like not even letting siblings of new babies come. But she works at the hospital in Provo, so at my next doctor's visit I'm going to confirm that this is the case for the American Fork Hospital. That rules out all of my nieces/nephews, but I think I'd really like it if my siblings could find a time to stop by, but I know that involves finding someone to watch your kids, so if it doesn't work out I understand.

Speaking of my prenatal class, last night we also watched some videos of births...

I have decided I am going to give birth by osmosis.

2 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

Trust me, by the time your 39 weeks you'll be begging them to take her out no matter what it takes. Pain is all relative when you haven't slept in a month, you can no longer breathe and you're being kicked to the point of cracked ribs hourly.

I didn't care what they did to get the baby out as long as I didn't have to watch. If there was a mirror in the room I made them cover it up. I try to avoid those pregnancy videos so I can deny that part of bringing a life into this world. It makes it easier to want to get pregnant again.

Barney Family said...

My experience was pretty much the same as Lauren's!