Monday, August 23, 2010

Caramel Popcorn Recipe!

You're wondering why a picture of our speedometer is under the title "Caramel Popcorn Recipe", well because I felt like being random today! How often to you get so many 6's in a row? This was in Brent's car... I took this picture on the way to our vacation in Island Park a couple weeks ago. I was navigating the exit at Idaho Falls to turn towards Rexburg... it was a very tricky photo opp! You can still see I managed to go 60mph through it all! (My husband AND dad are going to kill me!)
Moving on... Here's my FAMOUS CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE!
(Write it down people! And quit calling me for it! Hee hee hee!)
1/4 to 1/2 C Popcorn Seeds (you need to pop those btw... in a hot air popper!) 1/4 C at a time!
1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C Karo light corn syrup
Mix those ingredients all together in a sauce pan till boiling, then turn down heat and keep it bubbling for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add 1 tsp baking soda. Caramel should turn a lighter color and poof up. Don't keep it in the pan or it will start to burn, poor immediately onto POPPED popcorn. Enjoy!

No comments: