Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The times, they are a-changin'

Michael was able to get a new schedule from work, doing "swing shifts."  This is definitely a cause for celebration, and just like a girl I have to go and fret about it.  We are definitely happy for Michael, who was dying a slow death on graveyard shifts, he really couldn't have kept doing it much longer.

But, at least for the next two months, Michael now works four evenings a week, and I work the other three.  We don't have one day together where we are both together for the whole day, and I am really sad about that.  It makes me especially sad that it's the holiday season and with so many things going on, Michael and I won't be able to enjoy the majority of them together.  (Or... at all?  We only have one car and if one of us takes it to work in the evening, the other person is stuck at home.)

I feel guilty about complaining, because if this helps Michael, I should be grateful, right?  And the alternative, keeping Michael on graveyards, is simply unacceptable.

Anyway... that's the big new change in our lives.  I hope I see some of you this Christmas =)

3 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

Oh Bre, I'm so sorry. That's miserable.

Nikki Jenson said...

I think thats a great thing for Michael! And chances are you'll still find time for each other, somehow Brent and I do. I know the feeling though! I think a majority of us do!

Erika said...

Spending a whole day together is overrated! Enjoy your little moments. And, I think the holidays will work out. We just take smaller amounts of fun and enjoy them more, (that's what I keep telling myself).