Sunday, March 17, 2013

Look What I Made!


I went to Lauren's on Friday morning and got some sourdough starter from her.
I experimented with a mix of half hard red wheat and half kamut, which I hope will be even easier to digest for us to start off with. It smells like whole wheat bread! I used my Blendtec to grind my wheat and didn't run it too long, so they will be kind of a cracked wheat bread. Unfortunately, it also ended up sandblasting the sides of my blender, so maybe I'll have to invest in a wheat grinder after all. But doesn't it look gorgeous?! 
I had to sit in front of my oven for about 10 minutes to watch it cook. It's so cool!


3 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Looks good to me. I'm hoping that all you girls become proficient at cooking homemade bread. Then when we come visit each house we can enjoy warm from the oven bread.

Hugs from mom said...

Yay Jacque! I hope it tastes as good as it looks! By the way, you should take them out of the pans immediately and let them cool on a rack. I learned that this week from a book.

Nikki Jenson said...

When is someone going to bring me one of these loaves? I'm dying here just looking at it! Sheesh!