Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dad's Trip

So I just talked to Dad on the phone because it's been a while and I wasn't sure what his plans were for next week. Maybe you all are clear on everything but I thought I'd post his tentative plans for now and if you need to change something we can work it all out here. Sound good?

Okay, so he'll be arriving around noon on Sunday. He's thinking of visiting Doug in the hospital (if he's up for it) and then maybe spending the rest of the day at Nikki's. His hotel is down here by Novell, just so you know. Monday he has planned to see Breanne in the morning and then head to Jacque's. He's not sure if they want to go do something with him or just hang out at home or what? Tuesday I've invited him to come see Austin's swim lessons ('cause they're hillarious) and spend the afternoon, evening with us too (we've got a lot going on and he gets to be a bird on my shoulder). Adam, you're invited for dinner that night if you'd like. It will probably be at 6. Dad still has Wed. pretty much free. He has some check in for his symposium and other things he can do but he's really flexible. He'll be in workshops Thursday through Saturday morning but would love to get together with as many of us as are able Saturday afternoon. I would love to invite everyone here for a get together/BBQ. Maybe Nikki could bring Erika's kids down? Or if someone else would be more comfortable having it at their place that's fine with me.

So, let's have some feedback...

11 comments:

Breanne said...

Hi - sorry, when I asked Dad if I could see him on Monday, I asked if we could do the afternoon or evening, because Michael will be getting off of his graveyard shift at 7:00am that morning and I'd like for him to have some time to sleep before we have company. Is that still okay?

Nikki Jenson said...

I have Kai off track for the whole week - can I crash some of your visits Monday-Wednesday? Btw, Brent and I are in Logan all next weekend helping Kasey move back home from college... won't be able to do a BBQ. Sorry.

Ross and Kathy said...

Bre, That's absolutely fine. #1 Kathy and don't usually get started all that early while on vacation. #2 Jacque said she was really flexible, so maybe we can see her late Monday morning and see you late Monday afternoon. We'll check with Jacque and confirm.

Ross and Kathy said...

Hey Nikki, Kathy and I were just thinking; it might be fun to come up to SLC on Wednesday and pick up Matti, Merri & Jack and go to the zoo (or something). Would you like to join us?

Hugs from mom said...

Erika, do you think I could meet you at Thanksgiving Point to pick up your kids for the BBQ and then maybe Adam, could you take them home?

Nikki, if you're coming over on Tuesday just give me a good heads up so I can plan for it.

Jacque said...

I can do late Monday morning. That works better for me. I think Breanne was even thinking of making you guys dinner! =) I'd definitely go for that. ;) I take Ella to preschool from 10:45 to 11:15, so you might want to come just after 11.

Ross and Kathy said...

Jacque, Kathy and I would love to come after 11am. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Adam said...

@hugs_from_mom: sure, I'd be happy to help. What day would that be?

Barney Family said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great visit! Sure, Lauren, I can bring the kids to you Saturday morning. Maybe we could make it a sleepover and have Adam drive them home Sunday morning, unless that would put too much pressure on you...and, Dad, I'm sure Doug will be up to a visit by Sunday! Call my cell phone for directions (801) 870-6491. Oh, and the zoo sounds great!

Hugs from mom said...

Erika, I think a sleep over would be fine. We don't have church until 1. So Adam, we'll have a BBQ at my house Saturday and then Sunday if you could take Erika's kids home around 10 or 11 am that would be great. (Just gives me a little bit more time to get my kids ready for church).

Nikki Jenson said...

Dad, the zoo on Wednesday sounds good. Lauren, I will give you a heads up.