Sunday, April 14, 2013

TA DAA!


I followed the instructions and made fermented raisin/grape water....


Then I made the flour yeast (and fed it for 3 days)...


Then I mixed it in my Bosch (and had to knead it on my counter)...
(2 hours of mixing since I tackled 3 batches at once!...Stupid!)


I let it raise for 12 hours and then put it in bread pans....
(3 batches... I will never do that again!)


And Viola! Beautiful bread!
 (Except I cut into one of these an hour too early and it sunk, deflated, and got all gooey on me... lesson learned!) I have to admit, I learned a lot of lessons this past week. My first yeast was from a starter I bought a year ago and after it turned the water black (Lauren and I figured that it had mold) I threw it out and started with the raisin water. It was exciting to do each of these steps. I am still learning alot, and have a lot more to keep learning. But I am thrilled about all this and can tell its not hurting my body like our normal bread. Since I made 3 batches (and 9 loaves of bread) I have shared it with 5 other families in my ward, 3 of which who are celiacs, and still have a list of other people I would love to share it with.
Exciting times!

3 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

That's our Nikki - never one to do things half way - it's 200 percent or nothin'. Well KUDOS to you Nikki, they look GREAT! Now practice a lot so when we get there you'll be an expert. I'm looking forward to fresh homemade bread.

Jacque said...

Awesome! I need to be your neighbor. :) I'm glad you didn't eat the black yeast!

Hugs from mom said...

Congratulations! Another tip is to take the bread out of the pans right away and let them cool on a cooling rack. I can't wait until we all get to the point where the honey bread is easy and we're experimenting with new recipes.