Friday, September 18, 2009

Another view

I forgot to tell you the best part! When I got home last night I told Kathy all about the exciting event - I was very happy. I decided to celebrate with a dish of ice cream. When I reached for the ice cream container in the freezer the smile on my face disappeared. It was not frozen. I checked a few other items and then the frig. It was obvious that the compressor was not working (just like before). I got behind the frig and took things apart, found the switch, remove it and shook it. It's not supposed to rattle; but it did. I got on the internet and spent a few hours working out the puzzle of which part I really needed and then this morning called a parts place. By 9:30 I had driven across town, then back with the part. We were up and running by 10:30. I was sure we would loose everything. But we checked items in the freezer and they were still 36 degrees. The frig was warmer and a few things were tossed. But all in all not too bad. Kathy and I have been wondering "What Next?"

2 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Don't ever ask "what's next'... things always get worse when you do that! - Sorry about the fridge!

Hugs from mom said...

I love the bowl. It's beautiful. You have such an amazing talent. As for the fridge - good grief! When it rains it pours. Hopefully the worst is over.