Friday, September 18, 2009

Pinecone Bowl


This is the Pinecone Bowl that gave me so much trouble. It is not a uniform material, and only by the use of lots of Epoxy glue, Cyanoacrylate glue, and lots of Lacquer was I able to make anything of it. Sixteen pinecones plus one in the middle make up the bowl. Last night at the club meeting we had the largest turnout of the finest quality pieces I've seen. The judges were very courteous and explained the features of each piece and suggested that several should be given first place. But they ended up judging this one best. That was pretty cool. I think when I do projects that no one has seen before that tips the scale in my favor. Everyone liked the woodpecker too.

3 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

I know that bowl probably sucked years from you life... but it is soooo beautiful! I am so proud of you! great work!

Barney Family said...

That is freaking amazing!!!!! I love it!! And, you'd think other people would even stop trying....

Breanne said...

Holy cow that is gorgeous. That has to win some awards.