Saturday, September 27, 2008

Doug really is feeling better

I think Doug's post 2 weeks ago may have been a little premature. For example, the next day we spent the entire night in the ER. And, he wasn't really out of pain at all for another 10 days. And, altogether he wound up not being able to eat anything for about 3 straight weeks. But, as of this Wednesday, he started eating!! And he didn't sleep through the day in a narcotic-induced stupor. Then, Thursday, he ran a couple of errands. Yesterday he went to lunch and saw a movie with one of his really good dispatcher friends. Today he went with me to RCWilley (a new washer--huge capacity--for those who are interested!) and now he's puttin' around the yard. I've slowly felt the stress drip off of me over the last four days. It really is hard watching someone be in pain. But, we're in the clear now. He's planning on going back to work, light duty, in about 2 weeks. Yeah, normal life again. We're ready for it.

2 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

I'm so glad Doug is finally feeling better. How about Thanksgiving at my house this year so you can take a break. Everyone's invited! But allow me to recant that if for some reason this blasted loan doesn't go through. Wednesday they say. I wish I could hold them to it!

Lynne said...

Thanks again for keeping us posted Erika. It's such a relief to know that Doug is feeling better and Barney life is returning to normal. May the stress keep dripping away.