Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family Reunion Vacation

O.K., I've been meaning to do this for months. But, now that you all have your 2009 calendars--please be sure to mark the dates of our family vacation. It's Tuesday, July 28 -- Tuesday, August 4. I know this is going to be a great time because there is a VERY SPECIAL birthday during this week!! (J/K, it's mine!) In a couple months I'll ask you all to think of a fun day activity that we can do in that area and we'll use all the ideas to set up a tentative plan for the week. I think we'll do like last time and have everyone bring up their own food for breakfasts and lunches and then have the sisters all take a dinner. Adam, you know what your standing assignment is! (And Dad and Kathy and Lynne are welcome to jump in with any of us for breakfasts and lunches--whatever looks best!)
And because Dad has been hounding me (I only say that because I know he'll be reading this) here is a tentative sleeping arrangement suggestion:
The big house has three floors. The 1st floor has two bedrooms and a living room. I've earmarked one of these bedrooms for Me, Doug and Jack and the other for Lynne, Matti and Merri. There is an extra twin bed in a porch that is adjacent to one of these bedrooms that maybe Adam will use. The second floor of this house has a kitchen, bathroom, dining room and bedroom--which I thought could be Dad and Kathy's. The third floor of the house has two bedrooms and I thought one of these could be Jacque's and one Breannes. Now, this house is supposed to be able to sleep 20, so I think there are a couple of pull-out couches and I thought Dallin and Cameron could join us in the big house. Because we have rented two other houses, but they both sleep 4. So, I thought Lauren's family could use one and Nikki's family could use the other. These arrangements might not work out perfectly, we'll have to see how it really shapes up when we get there. And if anyone wants to swap with anyone else to be in or out of the big house, it's all the same to me. But, just so Dad can sleep at night--I thought I needed to get this on e-paper. I'm excited!! It's going to be a good time.

6 comments:

Breanne said...

Where is it again? Somewhere in southern Utah? Can my fun day activity be a birthday party for Erika? Just kidding, I'll think of something good. I think the food situation sounds good. It's on my calendar.
By the way, I'm going to plan on being back to work on the evening of the 4th (Tuesday night - 5pm). If for some reason we'll still be there on Tuesday night, will someone let me know asap?

Barney Family said...

That is right--we should check out by 10 or 11 Tuesday morning. It is in Southern Utah, so I was anticipating a 4 to 5 hour drive, but I haven't googlemapped it yet.

Barney Family said...

o.k., Googlemaps says it should be 41/2 hours from my house, so about 4 for Jacque and Bre. The most direct way to get there is to drive to Cedar City and then head east through the canyon about 31 miles. It is pretty close to hwy 89 on the other side. It's about 1hr 15 minutes to Bryce Canyon (heading north on 89), and in the other direction, 1 hr 15 minutes to Zions national park.

Hugs from mom said...

Anyone up for another 3 mile hike? I know a good one in Zions. Very kid friendly (just like last time) :). C'mon, you know you want to. Just remember shoes with toe protection - Erika.

Barney Family said...

Never, never, never...I'll go on a hike if Adam picks it. He seems more like my speed.

Don and Lynne said...

Thanks Erika. Sounds good to me. I think we might have to supply futons or air mattresses + bedding for the extra beds. I could rent a car this time to help transport stuff.