Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Matti's ankle

We just got back from the Dr's office. Matti actually has two breaks, or one break and one fracture, to be more precise. But the Dr. said they are both set just fine and so he's not going to do any surgery. She even got a lovely boot instead of a cast. It can be removed for baths and bedtime and to get at those awful itches. She still can't walk on it for another week or so. But we're both relieved that we don't have a surgery ahead of us. Oh, and you should have seen the multicolored bruising that surrounded her foot-gross!!

1 comment:

Don and Lynne said...

Hi, Ross just gave me an update...but he hadn't read the latest. I'm sooo glad Mattie doesn't have to have surgery! I broke my foot too recently - a hair line fracture - so my therapy is to wear shoes and sit around a lot :=) It's pretty well healed by now. Good Luck Mattie you'll be free of that black foot in no time. xox, Aunt Lynne