Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Houston, we have a heartbeat



They do the ultrasound so early so they can measure the baby and give you a pretty good estimate for the due date. But the doctor said that he wants to measure me again in 10 days to make sure, since yesterday's measurement is still a little early. But for now he's thinking I'm due on Feb 2nd. Right before he left the room he popped his head back in and was like, "After you see the heartbeat, there's only a 5% chance of losing the baby." Tell me about it, doc. The doctor that I saw with the last pregnancy wasn't like that at all, he looked at me gravely before he left and said, "You're still in the danger zone." Yesterday I emailed Dad about our house inspection, the heartbeat, and the fact that I'm way sick and life is miserable. Then I said, "But other than that, things seem to be going fine."

Dad wrote back and said, "So, other than being way sick and nervous about the baby coming and contemplating moving to a new house - things seem to be going fine. YOU'RE IN DENIAL!"

Ok, Dad, you may have a point!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Sick as you are, all those things are very exciting!! Maybe it just balances out to being "fine". =)

Ross and Kathy said...

Back in the "Old Days" when TV had just been invented there was a popular 'sitcom' called "Father Knows Best". True, True!

Don and Lynne said...

Love the Heartbeat! Happy to hear your news.

Hugs from mom said...

I'm so excited for you Bre!