Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nikki's Wild Hare! (not 'hair')

You like my wink?! That means I've got an idea brewing! Ok, here it is: I thought it would be a lot of fun to have a couple "Family Nights" on our vacation. Erika said there is a really big fire pit outside our cabins where we are staying. I thought a couple of nights we could get together with a little "entertainment". I have a bunch of songs from good ol' girls camp that we always had fun singing. I've compiled the best ones to bring up for us to sing around the fire pit. But we don't necessarily need to stay outside, we can do this in the big cabin too. But I was also wondering if anyone was interested in putting together family skits, or puppet shows, or their own songs to perform for everyone else. You remember how we used to have 'talent nights' on some of our vacations growing up?! (And no more skits of "The VERY Important Papers!") If no one likes this idea, let me know. But I thought the kids would have fun showing off their talents for the other kids or just being plain goofy. And it would be fun to let the kids get out their last jiggles and giggles and then get them ready for bed. Keep me posted! Thanks!

2 comments:

Barney Family said...

I think that sounds like fun!! And, I've been meaning to ask dad if he'll bring up some firewood in his car--you don't know where you can find some wood, do you, Dad??

Ross and Kathy said...

I like Nikkis idea. I'm not so hot about Erikas.