Saturday, July 25, 2009

Liquid Luck

In the last Harry Potter movie, a vile of "Liquid Luck" is awarded to Harry for successfully creating a potion in Potions Class. When he drinks the vile, he magically works out a problem hes been having during the whole movie. It works out so smoothly you literally have to say to yourself, "Wow, that really was 'good luck'"! So... today I went to lunch with my dear husband and suddenly my day starts to 'magically' fall into place. We ate at our favorite BBQ restaurant and the food was just spectacular! Then I decided to walk over to the Verizon store after we finished eating. Brent drove so he could relax and wait for me outside. As I walked down the courtyard of the strip mall I suddenly passed a "Guitar Store" which was amazing because I got my guitar back from Justin a few weeks ago (with only 3 strings on it) and had no idea where the nearest music store was in West Jordan. And suddenly there it was! Not only did I get the strings but found a cute little children's songbook. It even has a few of the campsongs that I have been putting together for the family vacation. After I realized I didn't need anything from the Verizon store, Brent and I drove home. Since the kids are with their dad every Saturday, I was secrectly hoping he would keep them till later this evening. Just then I got a text from him saying he would keep them till later this evening! Hello! So at home, we picked up the mail and I opened a letter from my Insurance provider refunding me for over paying on my bills... Five Hundred Dollars! Well! I am feeling good today my friends! "Wow! That really was 'Good Luck'"!

3 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

When we get to Utah and I give you a great big hug, it might be because I want some of that luck to rub off on me. ;-)

Jacque said...

Can I have some???

Nikki Jenson said...

I think I must have drank all the luck in my strawberry lemonaid during lunch. But i can tell you it was at "Famous Dave's BBQ". We should all go together sometime! its awesome!