Thursday, October 29, 2009

More "Living" Nightmares Continued!

So, I wake up this morning to my husband saying something like this: "I just set a mousetrap 15 minutes ago and now its completely gone!" I looked at him blankly with confused anger setting in. I am thinking to myself, 'how can my husband lose a mousetrap?!' And Maggie (our dog) has been in my room the whole time. Just then he says: "How does a mousetrap get up and walk away!" I start to feel this little blaming emotion set in that makes me think, ' why can't my husband kill a mouse the right way!' But who thinks things like this! This is not reality! But the fact remains, we have a mouse walking aroung our house with a trap stuck to it! So ten minutes later, we remove ALL the books from the bookshelf where he set the trap. We move it to look underneath: nothing. We then look under all the couches: nothing! We then look in other rooms: nothing. We look in cupboards in the kitchen: nothing. Then we look at each other and at the treadmill! Well, the following pictures show the rest of the story.







Yes, it was still alive when we found it. Those darn things are so cute. (Something must be wrong with me!) The trap only caught him by one leg, but he was trying to hide in the treadmill, as you can see, and got caught (thank goodness). Brent took him outside and 'finished the deed'. We had been seeing him run around in the evenings the last couple of nights but he wasn't getting caught in the trap we set under the sink, so thats why Brent put out a new one this morning. I don't know what to do about these things! Its so gross!

5 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

So we got a kitten last night and here's the thing; he's eleven weeks old, super mild, hasn't affected anyones allergies, he's litter box trained, neutered, and he was raised as a "mouser" which means he catches mice! You just can't beat that. He was also raised as an outside cat. We're trying him out inside but if we ever wanted to kick him out he'd be fine.
I have a friend who had a bad mice problem (in her house) and she got a "wild" cat. She never sees him, he stays outside, but knows he's there because she has to refill the food dish in the garage every day but she says she hasn't seen a mouse since she got him. Something to consider.

Nikki Jenson said...

Brent's kids are allergic to cats. But I might consider the 'outside' one. (Where do they go in the snow?)

Hugs from mom said...

If you make a spot for them in the garage they'll sleep on hay covered with a towel or some people put a heating pad down underneath a bed. I guess they manage just fine in the winter.

Breanne said...

We think we have a dead mouse in our furnace. We have no idea how to get it out. The furnace room really stinks and when the heater goes on the smell comes out (though it is faint).

Hugs from mom said...

That totally stinks Breanne. Ha ha. Darn dead mice. That's why we threw ours back outside. You might need a certified guy to come out and look at it and see if he can clean it out.