Monday, October 26, 2009

Nightmares

Last night I woke up around 2:30 am from a nightmare. I was a little freaked out so I decided to get up and use the bathroom and try a different dream when I went back to bed. I heard this strange thumping sound in the bathroom and tried to figure out if it was windy outside and if the tree was hitting our window. It didn't seem windy, though. As I was walking back to bed I thought that sound didn't make any sense and it really seemed to be coming from inside the house not outside. My heart started pounding as I headed back to the bathroom and turned on the little light over our bathtub. There was a mouse precariously perched on one of the jets trying to jump out. I would have screamed but too many people were sleeping so instead I went to wake up Ryan. I figured he was the tough guy always killing spiders and stuff so taking care of a mouse shouldn't be too difficult.

The man was literally creaping into the bathroom. He did get closer to the tub than I did but he also shouted when he thought the mouse was about to jump out. Obviously it was pretty stuck because it wasn't accomplishing anything with all it's jumping and climbing. So I ran into the kitchen and got a big bowl with a lid. Ryan scooped it up (that took a minute with the little thing running around frantically) and we threw it out the front door.

So now I wasn't just freaked out from the nightmare but was awake for an hour imagining little mice running all over my house. I can't figure out for the life of me where it came in or how the heck it got in the bathtub. But we decided last night Eden's getting a cat for her birthday on Saturday.

5 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Thats how I feel! I don't know how they get in! Make sure none of your kids are allergic to cats!

Breanne said...

Haha

Hugs from mom said...

I think we'll find out about allergies soon enough. I found a guy down the street who's willing to give me two cats for the price of one with the first one also being free! He was pretty funny. He said his cats were born in a barn and are "mousers". I said, "that's what I want!"

Breanne said...

You're really getting a cat? I thought you were joking. I'd keep an eye on Brownie.

Ross and Kathy said...

Well, all I can say is, if you want cats then get cats. If you want to trap a mouse then get mouse traps.