Friday, October 2, 2009

New Shoes

Ever since we got Maggie, I have had to buy the kids new shoes every other week! Well, we finally learned to hide all our shoes, so after buying school shoes, I thought we'de be good for the year! I thought wrong! One month later, Kai's cheap Walmart shoes sharted to separate. But with the additional use of a new bike and scooter, you can already tell the toes on the shoes have been used to stop the recreational toys.... So, no wonder!

So, today we bought Kai new shoes, and the smiley faces returned. (As you can tell by the poses.) I still remember mom crying while she was cleaning dog poop out of Adam's shoes one afternoon after she had just bought them that morning. (And because he went through shoes just as fast as any other boy.) Now I am the crying mom!

Of course, whatever Kai gets, Keala gets! So she got new shoes too. (And some church shoes because those are Maggie's favorite to chew!) Keala's feet have been growing so fast this year. (And Lauren probably knows this better than anybody because of Eden!) But Keala is a size 10 and Kai is just an 11. Almost the same size. I think Keala's grown 3 or 4 sizes in the last year!

Of course, she saw Kai pose with his frowny face, so she had to pose too! Posers!

1 comment:

Hugs from mom said...

Yeah I always try to buy my kids shoes extra big but I'm still lucky if they last 6 months. Eden especially. I finally bought my kids school clothes yesterday and I got Eden a dress that I realized last night Cameron can fit into also. It's kind of a bonus but also freeky since they're four years apart.