Monday, January 25, 2010

Attention Hog

I guess I was tired of Doug getting all the medical attention around here, so I spent a couple of hours in the E.R. this morning. I woke up with bad chest pain, there was a lot of pressure right around my heart and I couldn't bend forward or cross my arms or breath in too deeply. I thought it was probably anxiety or something, but decided better safe than sorry. So, after dropping off the kids at swim lessons, Doug and I headed over to the hospital. The Dr. told me my specific symptoms indicated a muscular/skeletal problem. Perhaps I twisted into a weird position in my sleep, but he thought the cartiledge between my ribs and sternum had become aggravated or inflamed. They did an EKG and chest x-rays but said I looked super great and to take some ibuprofen. Felt like a heart attack and all I needed was ibuprofen! Doug's pretty sure I invented the problem in order to get him out of bed before noon today. I felt dumb to have gone to the E.R., but we made it home in time to get the kids and make it to Jack's tooth extraction by noon. He had a bad infection develop up and behind a tooth and it had to come out. He was super brave, but now we all are home and I think I'm going to take a nap.

4 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

I'm just REALLY glad you didn't have a heart attack!

Nikki Jenson said...

I think you just really don't want to sit down. Can't have it slow and boring can you?

Ross and Kathy said...

Sounds like you're looking for a little sympathy, but I don't know how to reduce the font size. I think Jack is the one who is going to need SYMPATHY. Poor Erika, Poor Doug and POOR Jack. I'm thinking Matti and Merri are probably doing all the work around the house. Poor Matti. Poor Merri. And what's to become of Socks? Poor Socks.

Jacque said...

holy cow. i'm sorry. i am glad you feel better and that it wasn't something worse, too!