Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Introducing...



Just try to not smile watching that.

Last night just before 12:04 we decided that she better have a name before closing out her first day in the world. When she was born, Michael and I both separately thought she looked like two different names, so we decided to combine them into a first and middle name: Jane Erin.

I am still a little insecure about it, so if you could refrain from criticism that would be great (in case you're not in love with it). In fact if everyone commented with one nice thing to say about it, that might be nice. It does sound a lot like Jane Eyre if you say it too fast, and I realize Jane is a little "plain Jane" for such a cutie, and I realize those two names both end in an N sound which I know Lauren isn't a fan of. But I also think Jane is strong and simple and beautiful and intelligent (to me). And Elizabeth's sister Jane in Pride and Prejudice is incredibly kind and beautiful, which reminds me of her. So that's my thinking.

(Erika you'll have to tell Merri I said sorry that it's not Eve).

Of course, Janie is her nickname.

10 comments:

Jacque said...

I love the name! And I love your impression of it even more. That's what matters most and that's what she'll remember most about her name growing up!

Ross and Kathy said...

What a cute kid -- I think I said that yesterday. I have a cousin, Gary, on my mother's side. He married "Jane", who is one of the most beautiful women I know - I mean a real doll - and SUPER NICE. And, like my first girlfriend ever, was "Erin"; and she was TOTALLY CUTE. My parents took the two of us to the LA opening of "Around the World in Eighty Days" the motion picture. That was 1956; so I was 8 and Erin was 7. You should have seen her in her white party dress, WOW; a 7 yearold hottie. So, all of my associations with Jane Erin are positive, and I think it is a lovely name. Good Job Bre & Michael.

Hugs from mom said...

Breanne, I think it's an adorable name and I don't know why you think I would have a problem with the name ending in an "n" sound. Obviously that has worked out pretty well for us. I think you need to sit back and relax and enjoy your beautiful Jane Erin and forget about the stupid people out there who have to have an opinion about everything. She's your baby! You can name her whatever feels right to you. That's the privilege of parenthood!

Adam said...

Jane.

Love it.

Ross and Kathy said...

Glad no one corrected me on my arithmatic. I was 10 in 1956

Breanne said...

Lauren, sorry I should have said it a little better, I thought you tried to steer away from first and middle name combinations that both end in N. I think you were considering doing Cameron's middle name as Breanne but you thought the two N sounds were funny at the end of each name. You're right that I shouldn't worry so much - but I am drugged... inhibitions are low!

Dad - can I correct you on how you spelled arithmetic?

Thanks everyone for your positive name associations. It is making me feel a lot better, I might actually fill out the birth certificate form if you keep this up!

Nikki Jenson said...

I still think she should start with a 'B'... ok, just kidding! Love the name, and you love it... go with it! (How about Brilyn-Jane)! kidding!

Adam said...

@Ross_and_Kathy:

Poor math skills are no problem, but misspelling 'arithmetic' is unforgivable.

Barney Family said...

Merri would like to make a comment: that she thinks Eve is a nice name, but Jane is a wonderful name, too, and she thinks it suits her nicely. She's glad to have a little cousin Jane. Jack thinks she looks much older in the video than when we saw her in the hospital. Matti's wondering if she can do any more tricks yet. I think the name is just wonderful. Hope you're all adjusting nicely at home!

Breanne said...

Erika,
Glad that Merri isn't scarred for life about the Eve thing. Jack is right about her being older in the video, she is about 12 whole hours older! That's like 50% older! I haven't seen any tricks yet, unless you count some pretty spectacular pooping this evening.