Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Resolution

I hesitate telling this story; but here goes. On Christmas Day Kathy's brother, Kevin, asked if anyone had made a New Years Resolution. There were no offerings. But I started thinking about how I need to commit to more exercise. So, I popped out with, "I think I'll walk to Las Vegas". Meaning, I'll walk the distance to Las Vegas this year. Still later, I thought, that didn't really amount to even as much as health gurus recommend as a minimum. But, it's a start. If I walk 2 miles everyday, with only a few misses, I could walk right past Salt Lake City. It's January 5th and I'm at 8.1 miles. I used to walk that far with the Boy Scouts in the Sierras in one morning. Oh well, wish me luck.

5 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

I think that's awesome Dad! I'm going to keep track too and I think for the New Year I'm up to 6 (that's actually between yesterday and today). How many miles is it?

Nikki Jenson said...

I wanna join in too! Pick me! Pick me! (hee hee). I will keep track too!

Breanne said...

How did Forest Gump do it?

Barney Family said...

I got out of bed today...

Ross and Kathy said...

OK, so we're at day 7 and I've walked a total of 14.2 miles. The distance from Fullerton to Salt Lake City is about 680 miles.