Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bye to Andy

We said goodbye to our pooch today.

A great family came and got him. They have four kids under the age of 10, which is great because Andy loves children, following them around and smelling what they are doing all day. They also have a Beagle, which is great because Andy loves other dogs. They said that they were trying to find a friend for their Beagle, because he had separation anxiety, which Andy has also, so hopefully they can help each other to not feel so lonely. The lady is a stay-at-home mom, and the dogs are "house dogs" and not "outside dogs." I'm thrilled that he's going into such a great situation, it's better than what Michael and I could have done for him, and we're glad to have saved him from the possibility of euthanization at the shelter. Alternatively, I'm very sad, I didn't even pet him goodbye this morning because I was late rushing out the door. One of my big fears was that I would feel terribly guilty for giving him away, but I think he went into a really great situation and I feel such relief about that. Michael, on the other hand, is having a harder time than I am. He misses Andy a lot. (I think I know where my next source of guilt is going to come from... unsolicited, that is).

1 comment:

Barney Family said...

I'm sorry that didn't work out, and I'm glad you found him a good home!