Monday, January 26, 2009

Comment conversations

Today Adam was asking me about keeping track of all the comments on this blog, since we are all so chatty, like in this post.

I've set it up so that I get emailed whenever a comment is posted to this blog (and my other blogs for that matter), and I really like it because I just read them and archive them and I'm done (also since I check my email all day).

You can do this by going to "Settings" in the blog of your choice, then click on the "Comments" tab that shows up beneath settings. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a box that you can add your email address to to get the notifications.

If you don't want to get emails, and if you have an RSS feed like Google Reader, you can subscribe to the comments that are posted. Just subscribe to this address:
http://gilroyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

(If you want to do this for other blogs, just put their address in instead of "gilroyfamilyblog.blogspot.com")

No comments: