Monday, January 19, 2009

Jumping on the Bandwagon!



Theres an old joke that goes something like this: "Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?" Because he was dead! (duh!) "Why did the second monkey fall out of the tree?" Monkey see monkey do! "Why did the third monkey fall out of the tree?" Peer pressure! (Then there's more:) "Why did the fourth monkey fall out of the tree?" Because he was stapled to the third monkey! (I know, its dumb, but it still makes me laugh!)
OK! With THAT being said, you all probably think that I "jumped on the bandwagon" and got a dog because 'everybody else did'. But actually, when I came back from Florida and called Erika and Doug answered the phone and said "hey Nik! Did you buy a dog too?!" I was completely confused and then stupefied why 3 of my 5 siblings all bought dogs in the same week. At the time I had no interest at all in gettting 'another' dog since we all know that we already have one that we know and 'LOVE' so well! But after spending a fun-filled evening at Erika's house on Saturday I was not prepared for falling in love with her dog! (And mind you, Breanne brought her dog too!) But I absolutely LOVED Erika's dog. So I asked my husband on the way home if he would hate me if I bought one, (to which he lovingly replied, 'no') so I immediately got a number from Erika and made an appointment the next morning, and sunday morning the kids and I met the dog, left a deposit, and came back this morning, and picked her up! she's doll! we don't know her name yet but it seems like a group effort is trying to configure one up, and Austin absolutely loves her! So we may have a name by the end of the day. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. And if you call me a monkey because of my 'peer pressure' inclinations, then so be it! But I love our new little lady (and suprisingly so does Duncan!) and I think she makes our little family quite complete!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Cute Goggy!! I wanna pet her!