Monday, March 15, 2010

Dates

We talked with Doug's doctor this morning and scheduled April 27 for his surgery day. We found out that our doc does one of these radical cystectomy with reconstruction surgeries A WEEK! We have a lot of confidence in him and in the whole Huntsman Cancer Center, so I'm sure Doug will be well taken care of. Also, I will call tomorrow, but we are going to try to set the date for our sealing for April 17. We both feel like we are in a much better place than we were two weeks ago--no longer trying to figure out how to get out of it, but just getting set to get through it.

3 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

I'm glad you've got some dates set. I think knowing there will be an end to this someday will give you something to work towards, or hang on towards. I think you're doctor sounds just perfect too. I'm glad Doug is in such good hands.

Ross and Kathy said...

We're gathering up all the good Karma we can to send to you guys. Hey, how come Doug looks soooo good in Breanne's photos? I'm guessing, if you start out handsome a little cancer can't bring you down.

Don and Lynne said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm relieved to know that adjusting to the operation is easier to handle than you initially thought. It's great to know that you have a Doctor whose worthy of so much confidence. This is invaluable! We're all looking forward to having our healthy, happy Doug back!