Friday, March 19, 2010

Road Trip?

So, my neighbor and woodturning cohort came to visit Tuesday. He said his old Craftsman lathe had broken down again. He has spent the last three weeks getting tools and materials ready to really "hit" woodturning in a big way. He's frustrated.
He went home and got on Craigslist, looking for a "big bad" lathe like mine. Bang, he finds the perfect machine, 2 years old, hardly used, $1000 below new - calls the guy - it's been listed for 1 hour - he buys it - comes back to tell me about it - I'm happy for him. I tell him I'll help him pick it up this Monday. He's grateful. Did I mention, it's in Denver.

5 comments:

Barney Family said...

Anything for a big, bad lathe!

Nikki Jenson said...

I'm hearing the song "On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again"...

Hugs from mom said...

Sounds like fun. Nothin' like a guys weekend to Denver, huh.

Ross and Kathy said...

And back again - only 42 hours - smooth as silk.

Nikki Jenson said...

LOL!