Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Memories

Kai has had a cough lately, and yesterday morning I heard him coughing down the hall. He woke up earlier than normal, so I went looking for him to see if he was ok. But I couldn't find him. I could hear him cough, and finally I had to say "Kai, where are you!" And he answered "Right here under the tree". I thought it was so cute.

I figured I knew why he was under the tree, but I still had to ask. He simply answered, "just because I wanted to". Well, duh! We had just got the tree the night before and had put the lights and decorations on it. So it was all lit up and decorated and waiting to be enjoyed.

I guess its a kid thing to crawl in the tiniest corner of something and find security, comfort, and enjoyment from it. What I thought was cute was remembering how many nights I loved to just sit in the livingroom and stare at the Christmas tree when we lived in our home on Greenwich. Something was just calming and peaceful about being mesmerized by the lights. I guess thats the effect of the holiday season. Hope you are all enjoying your holiday season while remembering some Christmas' from the past. I don't want to forget to give a shout out to Dallin and my sweetie, Brent - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


1 comment:

Breanne said...

good memories, i liked doing that too