Monday, December 7, 2009

Test Results

Doug had a checkup with his Dr. last week, and they called today with the results from his cytology (urinalysis). And they said it showed malignant cells. Blahhhhh. So, we haven't talked to the Dr. And we don't know what this will mean. But, instead of having 2 treatments this month, they might do a full course, like six. And then that will probably be followed up with a biopsy--which probably means at least three months off of work. And there might be talk about removing his bladder, which would mean about a year off of work. So that's the news..... We won't really know much, though, until we see the Dr. on the 16th.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. Not good on top of the flu! What a bummer December. Let me know if you need anything!

Hugs from mom said...

Holy Cow! Do you feel like it's dejavu? (I don't know how to spell that word). I'm really sorry. Hopefully the doctor will have something nice to say on the 16th. Like Jacque said, let me know what I can do. Wanna break? Wanna come down and hang out sometime?

Nikki Jenson said...

I am so sorry. That is the worst news I could have ever heard.