Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Speaking of In-N-Out

I read another librarian's blog, and she was talking about In-N-Out today, and I was amazed at the story she had to tell:




This is where I have to tell a story that is not mine. From the looks of things, everybody in the store was trying to be courteous about the seating thing. There was maybe a tiny bit of circling and hovering as people tried to stake out tables, and people who were eating left quickly when they were finished. So it seemed like everyone was being taken care of. When I told my sister about this, she shared with me the awesome experience that just happened to my friend (and blog designer) Jeri. Jeri and her crew went to In-N-Out, got their food, waited for a table to be cleaned, and then made their way over there. Just before they sat down, a woman behind them threw her purse over their heads so that it landed on the table, then shoved her way past them and sat down, all the while refusing to make eye contact. So Jeri, her small children, and her pregnant sister-in-law just sort of stood there, stunned.

At this point a nearby group of men, who had seen the whole thing, started laughing at that crazy beast and invited Jeri and her family to come over, where they made some room for them to sit. Because they were nice. And not crazy insane people like some other purse-throwers I could mention. Seriously, people. It's a table. At which you are going to eat a burger. Seriously. Do you really want those kind of karma points over a burger? Technically you should never behave like that at all, ever, but it just seems especially stupid over something so small.

2 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

Its not just a silly burger! You should have seen me! I could only find a bar with 2 chairs open for me and Keala that were right next to a window where it was extremely hot! Keala was dying and so was I. As soon as I saw an open table I sat down before they even cleaned it! AND it was a table they had put a handicap sign on - for people in wheelchairs. Forget that! I'm gettin' outta the heat and sitting down and enjoying my burger, gosh darn it!

Breanne said...

But would you THROW YOUR PURSE over someone's head to get a table?